Indigo Spirit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Indigo Spirit

A website and forum for those who wish to uncover the truth.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Good Movies Lately?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male
Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Any Good Movies Lately? Empty
PostSubject: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 11:31 pm

I just saw The Incredibles! WOW! So much better than I expected! I heard good things but so what, I've heard good things before. Any Good Movies Lately? 83633 But seriously it's extremely entertaining, funny, clever, and balances realism and tall tale perfectly! I absolutely love this movie!

The other night I finally got around to watching "Hellraiser." I've wanted to see that one for a long time. BIG disappointment. Directing sucked, writing sucked, and the lead actor ... sucked. If it had a gifted actor to really take the initiative it might have worked out. But that didn't happen. So I watched "Demons" instead and it filled my apatite for a spooky horror flick! Lots and lots of gore though, so be warned (many people enjoy a scary movie now and again, but not everyone enjoys gore.)
Back to top Go down
http://psyche.forumarena.com/forum.html
Goth_Ink
People's Champion
People's Champion
Goth_Ink

Female
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 6:05 am

Thanks to my kids playing the extended version of High School Musical 2 at least 10 times in the past two days, I would say any other movie would be a good one Razz Laughing

I have the Golden Compass on my computer which should be good - the previews look fantastic. Tonight I watched Shrek The Halls with my kids which was pretty funny. I am a Mike Myers fan, so he always makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 5:12 pm

I like Mike Mysers but not his films. Any Good Movies Lately? 83633 I liked Gold Member okay, it had some pretty funny moments I thought.

Finally watching Beverly Hills Cop. Very funny! cheers
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male
Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 7:02 pm

Well, me, I just saw an old war movie from the 70's called "A game for vultures". It's about the Bush war in Rhodesia, with some Rhodesian dude trying to smuggle in helicopters for the Rhodesian Army, and some rebel dude trying to stop him. It was pretty boring at times, but I liked the main character, or at least the actor (Richard Harris), he's cool, and it had it's interesting moments too. The first war movie I've seen about the Rhodesian civil war, too.

Ah, well.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 4:20 am

Never heard of that one before. I'm still impressed with Beverly Hills Cop. Any Good Movies Lately? 83633 Hey, good comedies are hard to find!
Back to top Go down
Goth_Ink
People's Champion
People's Champion
Goth_Ink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Richard Harris was a good actor - he was the original Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies. It is sad that he died during the making of one of them. No

My kids got heaps of movies for Christmas so I have been watching Herbie Fully Loaded, Arthur and the Invisibles, Spiderman 3, and High School Musical 2.

Last night on tv I was totally glued to Stuck on You, a comedy about conjoined twins played by Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear. It was pretty good. One wanted to be a hollywood actor and the other wanted to stay in their hometown and be a short order cook. It was quirky and fun.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 3:14 am

Why haven't I heard of all these movies? Any Good Movies Lately? 83633 Spider-Man I've heard of. They're making a fourth one now.

Next year will see the next Batman movie, the X-Files movie, another He-Man movie and other remakes and sequals too. They sound good though.
Back to top Go down
Goth_Ink
People's Champion
People's Champion
Goth_Ink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 5:45 am

A second X-Files movie? Yes, I did hear that. Wonder if Mulder has gotten old and pudgy... tongue
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 7:45 am

Me, I can't wait until 2009, when the Metal Gear Solid movie comes out. GOD, how I LONG, no, YEARN for that movie! I so totally hope David Hayter will play Solid Snake.

You need a life.

Oh, really? Did Solid Snake ever need a life? Noooo....

And yeah, Richard Harris was an incredible actor. I've only seen him in A game for vultures and the classic Roger Moore flick, "the Wild Geese", but in both these he was beyond words. May he rest in peace, or fir the betterment of Hollywood, be reincarnated as an actor once more.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 5:25 pm

Another one I've never heard about.

Have you guys seen the Incredibles? It's surprisingly good!
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 11:30 am

Yeah, I saw it, and actually liked it a wee bit. Though I'm no fan of those movies generally, it had some interesdting situations, I must say. Rolling Eyes And interesting heroes....

Ah, well. Just my 2 tequila-dipped öre.
Back to top Go down
Goth_Ink
People's Champion
People's Champion
Goth_Ink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 5:53 pm

LOL I have kids - how could I NOT have seen The Incredibles (over and over, been there, seen it and bought the t-shirt for my oldest son lol). We have it on dvd. It is one of a new line of cartoon movies for kids that also have a level incorporated for adults, like Cars, and Happy Feet, and ....most of the latest animated kids' flicks. I didn't really think much of it - reminded me too much of American animated sitcoms like Family Guy in its humour. If you liked it though Blue, then there are plenty more out there that are of that style. Very Happy Happy viewing.

I watched bits of The Golden Compass with my kids the other night. Dunno if it really lives up to the hype. I watched the last half hour (the climax of the movie) and it seemed quite generic. It was entertaining but nothing that hadn't been done before and possibly done better by movies like the Chronicles of Narnia or any of the Harry Potter movies.
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Today I watched an old classic, one of the best movies I've ever seen, which is "A better tomorrow", with Chow-Yun Fat as Mark Gor, the guy I want to be. I get the chills every time I see it, because it's more than a mindless action flick, as many of John Woo's movies are. (I especially love his early movies, before he went Hollywood). Great movie, anyways, and if you haven't seen it and like a good action flick, then you've got to watch this one.

Though of course the sequel is better. Some day I'm going to hunt down A better tomorrow 3 as well.
Back to top Go down
Goth_Ink
People's Champion
People's Champion
Goth_Ink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 2:26 am

Chow-yun Fat is fantastic - loved him in Pirates 3 Cool I haven't heard of those films Loxley, but then I am not much into action. I like my movies with a good twist of supernatural to them. Although I did like Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses and it's sequel...Devil's Rejects. Wonder what his version of Halloween will be like? have to go download it and find out...oops - you didn't hear that Razz
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 9:34 am

Hehe, well, if you like movies with a supernatural twist, then I have three movies that you HAVE to watch. First, White Noise, 1 and 2, with Michael "Batman" Keaton in the first, and Nathan "Mal Reynolds" Fillion in the sequel. It's about electronic voice phenomenon, and near death experiences. And third movie, that's Night Skies, which is a UFO-abduction story (though more like horror, actually), that takes place during the 1997 Phoenix Lights. Great movies all three, anyways. Though "White Noise" is the best of the three, a definite must-see.

I seriously get the chills every time I see it.

Ah, well, just my 2 öre.
Back to top Go down
Goth_Ink
People's Champion
People's Champion
Goth_Ink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 5:00 pm

Thanks for the movie recs Loxley.

I have seen the first White Noise and thought it was brilliant if not unsettling. I didn't like the ending - left me with bad feelings Crying or Very sad I didn't know there was a sequel...will have to check that out, along with the other movie you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 8:52 pm

Man I've heard of none of these! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Goth_Ink
People's Champion
People's Champion
Goth_Ink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 9:16 pm

Laughing You need to get out more Blue...or to the dvd shop more...stop watching news bloopers and live a little! lol!
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 9:32 pm

Haha, indeed. Although in our beloved Admin's defense, I must say it took me about fifteen hours of reading on Wikipedia before I found Night Skies. As for White Noise...well, Blue, there just ain't no excuse not to have seen at least the first one. Michael "Batman" Keaton is playing the lead role, so off you go to PirateBay...err... I of course mean the DVD-store. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Goth_Ink
People's Champion
People's Champion
Goth_Ink

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 10:09 pm

Or you could watch it online at *cough* White Noise 2 *cough*....oh...who put that link there? Cool Wink
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 6:02 pm

Michael Keaton! I love him! Great character actor, I've been wondering what he's been up to lately! cheers
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Hehe, well, just wait 'til you've seen him in White Noise. He's really awsome in this one, and, really, really believable.

God, now I wanna watch it too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Who here has seen the Golden Compus? I saw the poster and it looks kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Loxley
People's Champion
People's Champion
Loxley

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Wooh, just saw the documentary Cocaine Cowboys for about the fifth time. I have to recomend it to everyone. It's about the cocaine trade in Miami in the 80's, sort of the true story behind for example my favorite TV-show Miami Vice. Very flashy, very cool, very horrible stories, but most importantly, incredible stories. It's a really interesting documentary, and, well, although I hate to admit it, two of the main interview subjects are really, really REALLY likeable...despite that they smuggled cocaine back in the days...

Plus... The soundtrack was made byJan Hammer, the dawg who made the soundtrack for Miami Vice as well.
Back to top Go down
Blue Water
Admin
Admin
Blue Water

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Cocaine Cowboys? Ok, I'm gonna have to start naming some good films that no one but me has heard about. Any Good Movies Lately? 83633

Last edited by Blue Water on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Good Movies Lately?   Any Good Movies Lately? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Good Movies Lately?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indigo Spirit :: Off-Topic :: E on Indigo-
Jump to: